O’Reilly Media’s new version of Safari: O’Reilly’s Learning Platform for Higher Education is now available from ProQuest. This version of Safari features a new student experience and a new business model that provides academic institutions with easier, more affordable access for their entire student body.
'We designed the new Safari to support today's students, who expect to learn online, on their own time, and in their preferred way,' said Karen Hebert-Maccaro, O’Reilly’s chief content officer. 'No longer just an online library, Safari is a rich, full-featured learning platform. And, our revamped business model allows our higher-ed customers to give all of their students full access to Safari. We are very excited to work with ProQuest, our exclusive distributor in the academic library market, to offer this new platform to libraries around the globe.'
Higher education institutions that subscribe to the new Safari receive unlimited, concurrent access to a comprehensive, growing repository of content from more than 250 of the world’s premier publishers supported with innovative technologies and tools – all in one place. Key features and benefits include:
- Multiple modes—books, video, case studies, learning paths and other media—serving students at all levels of proficiency;
- Mobile access, with offline learning for easy answers on the go;
- Learning resources for emerging career fields like big data, artificial intelligence, and gaming;
- New, exclusive O’Reilly-produced content from world-renowned innovators and corporate leaders;
- Personalisation and content recommendations; and
- Administration dashboards to help librarians manage data and track usage.
Kevin Sayar, senior vice president and general manager for ProQuest Books, said: 'ProQuest is proud to continue its partnership with O’Reilly, as they are truly innovating student learning in the fast-moving areas of technology and business. We’re confident that librarians, faculty and students alike will appreciate that Safari offers a solution beyond the classroom – one that helps build knowledge and skills for the workforce and lifelong learning.'